ITBP officer to head medical wing of paramilitary forces
New Delhi: The government on Friday appointed
an Additional Director General (ADG) rank officer to head the
medical wing of all central paramilitary forces and police
The Home Ministry has appointed Dr T Raviprasad, an
Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) officer, to head the medical
units and wings of forces like CRPF, CISF, SSB, BSF, NSG and
other central police organisations.
Raviprasad, who had stints in various central police
forces as Director and Inspector General of Police (Medical)
is only the second cadre officer from a paramilitary force to
be elevated to this position.
He is an ENT (Eye, Nose and Throat) specialist and
hails from Andhra Pradesh.
The first ADG rank for a cadre officer was created in
BSF last year. Usually the top ranks of ADG and Director
General are only occupied by Indian Police Service (IPS)
The medical wing for these forces is an essential unit
as the personnel contract life threatening diseases and have
to suffer physical ailments due to hard duties ranging from
icy heights along the China border to the scorching desert
border along Pakistan.
Raviprasad`s appointment comes at a time when the Home
Ministry is bringing up a maiden referral hospital for more
than eight-lakh jawans and officers of paramilitary forces at
Greater Noida near the national capital.
Raviprasad will look after the operations of a chain
of about 100 composite and force hospitals under the command
of various central police organisations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi