ITBP squad guarding Kasab to be called back
New Delhi: The ITBP contingent guarding 26/11 terrorist Ajmal Kasab at the Arthur Road Jail in Mumbai will soon be "deinducted".
According to procedure, once the specified task given to a special squad of a central force comes to an end, the Union Home Ministry issues an order asking the force headquarters to "deinduct" the contingent.
"The squad designated to guard Kasab will be deinducted now," sources in the paramilitary said.
A 300-strong contingent of the Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) was deployed at the Mumbai prison soon after Kasab, who was hanged today in Pune, was lodged in a special cell in the jail.
The force was sent on the request of the state government to guard the high-profile inmate.
The ITBP squad that was deployed for securing Kasab was armed with the best weaponry like under barrel grenade launchers and high precision weapons and ammunition in order to ensure tight security of the jail complex where Kasab was lodged.
The ITBP, a border guarding force tasked to secure the Sino-Indian frontier, has been monitoring its squad 24x7 since Kasab was lodged there via its control room based here.
The ITBP has since put forward a bill of about Rs 27 crore to the Maharashtra government for rendering this duty as per the rules of their deployment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof