ITBP uses OMR for inducting constables
New Delhi: The first ever OMR-based
examination for paramilitary forces went off successfully
today with almost 50,000 candidates appearing for 2,500 posts
of constables in the border guarding force ITBP.
In examinations based on Optical Mark Recognition (OMR),
a candidate has to darken the correct answer among multiple
options on special answersheets, which are later scanned
during evaluation thus avoiding human interference in the
To make the process transparent, the candidates taking
the Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) exam, for the first
time, were allowed to take away a copy of their answersheets
so that they can later tally their response with the correct
ones posted on the ITBP website www.itbprecruitment.in, a
senior ITBP official said.
"The final merit list will be out on June 29. This is for
the first time when the recruitment for constables in a
central police force (CPO) is done according to the new
guidelines of the Home Ministry to ensure transparency and
fair play in the exercise," the official said.
He said 98 women will also be recruited through this
examination. The new software system enables zero interference
by an individual.
The examination has been conducted after obtaining
biometric data, including fingerprints of the candidates, and
a short message service (SMS) was initiated to inform them
about their examination centre and roll number among other
A total of 5,436 candidates undertook the examination in
Delhi while 20 centres across the country were also set up.
The MHA has recently revamped the examination procedure
for recruitment in lower ranks for CPOs and has also advised
the state governments to adopt the same method.
The 45,000 personnel strong ITBP guards 3,488-kms long
Sino-Indian border and is proposing to raise 15 new battalions
(15,000 personnel) in a time-bound manner.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video