It`s a BJP strategy to avoid discussion: Bansal
New Delhi: Parliamentary Affairs Minister PK Bansal said on Thursday the opposition is deliberately stalling Parliament as part of its strategy to avoid a discussion on the allocation of coal blocks.
The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) has been blocking proceedings in parliament with demands for the resignation of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh over faulty allocation of coal blocks.
"They have wasted two days. Had the house been running, there would have been a fruitful discussion. They are working as part of a pre-decided strategy to avoid a discussion on the issue," Bansal told reporters here.
The minister said that the BJP has put a question mark on the democratic process in the country.
"All other parties but BJP are ready for a discussion in parliament. They just don`t want the house to run," Bansal said.
Law Minister Salman Khurshid hit out at the BJP saying it had reason to fear a discussion.
"If they raised a question, they should have the patience to listen to the answer. Why are they scared of a discussion on the issue," asked Khurshid.
He denied that the government was under pressure, and said it was doing its duty.
The house was adjourned for the second successive day Wednesday over the Comptroller and Auditor General report on coal blocks allocation.
India`s official auditor last week revealed that the lack of transparency in the allocation of coal blocks to private players resulted in the loss of a whopping Rs 1.85 lakh crore (USD 37 billion) to the exchequer as of March 11 last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India