It`s a victory of people of Telangana: BJP
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Reacting to the Congress Working Committee’s decision to form a separate state of Telangana, Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Tuesday said that the step is a victory of the people of the region.
Addressing reporters here, BJP leader Prakash Javadekar said, “It has been a long battle. It’s a victory of the people of Telangana.”
“Our fight will continue till the Telangana state is formed,” Javadekar said.
Hitting out at the Congress, the BJP spokesperson said that the Congress had to bow down to the demands of the people. “Congress had to deliver resolution because of public pressure,” Javadekar said.
Javadekar said his party has consistently backed the decision to form a separate Telangana and was ready to back a bill on separate statehood if the government brings it in the Monsoon Session of Parliament.
"We will see carefully (if) the intention is to backstab or to give Telangana. We will watch till Telangana is formed," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read