It`s for BJP to decide on Narendra Modi as PM candidate: RSS
New Delhi: Amid the talk of a decision on Narendra Modi being projected as BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate anytime soon, RSS on Saturday said it has already made its position clear on the key issue and it was for BJP to take a decision on it.
The remarks by Sangh assume significance as they came ahead of a two-day high-level meeting of RSS, VHP and BJP leaders where Modi will also be present.
Modi has already been made BJP`s election campaign committee and speculation is rife of his being made the BJP`s Prime Ministerial face ahead of the 2014 general elections.
"The Sangh has already made its position clear. Sangh has already informed the party. The party knows it. It is for the party to decide who to delare and when to decide so. I will not say this here," RSS Spokesperson Manmohan Vaidya said on projection of Modi as BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate.
Asked if RSS will not discuss the issue of leadership in BJP and who should be projected as an alternative to the current leadership, Vaidya said "such discussion is continuing every day."
On whether there will all other discussions except the political situation, Vaidya said "elections are nearing. The alternative has to be given by the public and the party is already preparing itself in this regard. Thus, the issue of alternative has moved much forward. There is no need to discuss it here."
Vaidya said Modi will be attending the two-day session where top leaders of RSS and BJP will discuss the current situation prevailing in the country which is causing grave concern.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video