It`s my dream to see Arvind Kejriwal as PM: Yogendra Yadav
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: A day after Prime Minister Manmohan Singh declared that he won`t seek a third term and that Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi was a fit candidate for the country`s top job, Aam Aadmi Party`s senior member Yogendra Yadav on Saturday said the country should have more alternatives.
Talking to reporters ahead of attending party`s National Executive meet here, the AAP`s chief ideologue described the probability of Rahul Gandhi versus Narendra Modi in the upcoming Lok Sabha elections as unfortunate. The AAP will today review results of the Delhi Assembly Elections and discuss its strategy for the upcoming Lok Sabha elections.
Yadav said it is to be seen whether the AAP can give an alternative, adding he thinks Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal is capable enough to be the PM.
"We have always maintained that the clash between Rahul Gandhi and Narendra Modi will be disastrous for the country. The country needs a better alternative. We will decide if we are capable enough to provide it."
"It is my dream to see Arvind Kejriwal as the prime minister. I think he is capable enough to lead the country. But, we have to see, what is our standing today," he added.
Reacting to the AAP`s statement, BJP leader Balbir Punj said that no one has authorised the AAP to take a decision on Rahul Gandhi and Narendra Modi.
Notably, the Aam Aadmi Party, after a spectacular performance in the Delhi Assembly polls, is all set to try its luck in the upcoming General Elections. The newly-formed party has decided to go beyond Delhi and contest polls from states like Gujarat, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh, Maharashtra and Karnataka.
On Friday, Kejriwal had said that political parties should address issues concerning ordinary people instead of constantly debating about the next prime minister.
"How does it matter who becomes the prime minister?" the Aam Aadmi Party leader had told the media.
In a rare press conference after almost four years, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Friday declared he will not seek a third term after the national elections in May and launched one of his sharpest attacks on the BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, questioning his credentials for the top job.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt