It’s official! Sunanda is Shashi Tharoor’s fiance
Mumbai: Former Union Minister Shashi Tharoor has acknowledged that Sunanda Pushkar is his fiance.
Accompanied by Pushkar, Tharoor was in Mumbai on Friday to deliver the 16th Lalit Doshi Memorial lecture, whose organisers introduced her as his fiance.
Referring to it at the start of his lecture, Tharoor said the organisers told him that last year Dr Anil Kakodkar made a Powerpoint presentation during his lecture.
"They asked me if I was going to bring my visual aid. So I have brought one," he said looking in the direction of Pushkar, who was sitting in the front row with industrialists Adi Godrej and Keshub Mahindra.
Tharoor and Pushkar recently visited religious places in Maharashtra and performed puja together.
During a short question-answer session with the audience, Tharoor was asked what mistakes had been made in the last 50 years, to which he replied, "You want me to get into trouble? We have made no mistakes in the last 50 years. I am the only one who made mistakes."
The former Minister of State for External Affairs said the country has done well and needs to be better in the transforming world scenario.
Delivering the vote of thanks, former Maharashtra Chief Secretary Prem Kumar wished Tharoor and Pushkar well for their future.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Net Neutrality: Facebook board member's offensive tweet on 'colonialism' leaves Indians fuming
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- 'Heartbroken' Virat Kohli deletes, then re-posts his sad pic