It’s official! Sunanda is Shashi Tharoor’s fiance
Mumbai: Former Union Minister Shashi Tharoor has acknowledged that Sunanda Pushkar is his fiance.
Accompanied by Pushkar, Tharoor was in Mumbai on Friday to deliver the 16th Lalit Doshi Memorial lecture, whose organisers introduced her as his fiance.
Referring to it at the start of his lecture, Tharoor said the organisers told him that last year Dr Anil Kakodkar made a Powerpoint presentation during his lecture.
"They asked me if I was going to bring my visual aid. So I have brought one," he said looking in the direction of Pushkar, who was sitting in the front row with industrialists Adi Godrej and Keshub Mahindra.
Tharoor and Pushkar recently visited religious places in Maharashtra and performed puja together.
During a short question-answer session with the audience, Tharoor was asked what mistakes had been made in the last 50 years, to which he replied, "You want me to get into trouble? We have made no mistakes in the last 50 years. I am the only one who made mistakes."
The former Minister of State for External Affairs said the country has done well and needs to be better in the transforming world scenario.
Delivering the vote of thanks, former Maharashtra Chief Secretary Prem Kumar wished Tharoor and Pushkar well for their future.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!