It`s scary, says Israeli embassy diplomat in Delhi
Tel Aviv: "It is scary," admitted an Israeli diplomat at its embassy in New Delhi after an employee was injured in a car bombing as she was going to fetch her children from school.
Tal Yehoshua Koren, who worked in the Israeli embassy in New Delhi but was not a diplomat, was going to the American Embassy School to fetch her children in a Toyota Innova car when her vehicle was bombed Monday. Three more people were injured.
"Life for Israeli diplomats in India isn`t easy," haaretz.com quoted an employee as saying.
"You are always surrounded by police officers and security guards. It is difficult but we`ve been maintaining a kind of normal life, but what had been will be no more, especially in relation to the day-to-day life of diplomats` families."
Israeli diplomats in India admitted that the terror could have been much worse if Koren`s children happened to have been in the car at the time of the blast, the media report said.
An Israeli diplomat in the Israeli embassy in India said: "We were always warned, and even more so recently, that we`re a target."
"But you don`t really understand it until it happens. We will continue working and doing what needs to be done, but one must admit, given that we have families, children - it is scary," the diplomat was quoted as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Is it Hardik Patel in this viral MMS Sex Video?