It`s scary, says Israeli embassy diplomat in Delhi
Tel Aviv: "It is scary," admitted an Israeli diplomat at its embassy in New Delhi after an employee was injured in a car bombing as she was going to fetch her children from school.
Tal Yehoshua Koren, who worked in the Israeli embassy in New Delhi but was not a diplomat, was going to the American Embassy School to fetch her children in a Toyota Innova car when her vehicle was bombed Monday. Three more people were injured.
"Life for Israeli diplomats in India isn`t easy," haaretz.com quoted an employee as saying.
"You are always surrounded by police officers and security guards. It is difficult but we`ve been maintaining a kind of normal life, but what had been will be no more, especially in relation to the day-to-day life of diplomats` families."
Israeli diplomats in India admitted that the terror could have been much worse if Koren`s children happened to have been in the car at the time of the blast, the media report said.
An Israeli diplomat in the Israeli embassy in India said: "We were always warned, and even more so recently, that we`re a target."
"But you don`t really understand it until it happens. We will continue working and doing what needs to be done, but one must admit, given that we have families, children - it is scary," the diplomat was quoted as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM