It`s scary, says Israeli embassy diplomat in Delhi
Tel Aviv: "It is scary," admitted an Israeli diplomat at its embassy in New Delhi after an employee was injured in a car bombing as she was going to fetch her children from school.
Tal Yehoshua Koren, who worked in the Israeli embassy in New Delhi but was not a diplomat, was going to the American Embassy School to fetch her children in a Toyota Innova car when her vehicle was bombed Monday. Three more people were injured.
"Life for Israeli diplomats in India isn`t easy," haaretz.com quoted an employee as saying.
"You are always surrounded by police officers and security guards. It is difficult but we`ve been maintaining a kind of normal life, but what had been will be no more, especially in relation to the day-to-day life of diplomats` families."
Israeli diplomats in India admitted that the terror could have been much worse if Koren`s children happened to have been in the car at the time of the blast, the media report said.
An Israeli diplomat in the Israeli embassy in India said: "We were always warned, and even more so recently, that we`re a target."
"But you don`t really understand it until it happens. We will continue working and doing what needs to be done, but one must admit, given that we have families, children - it is scary," the diplomat was quoted as saying.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!