It`s time Rahul speaks on Coalgate: BJP
New Delhi: BJP on Wednesday said it is time Congress leader Rahul Gandhi expressed views on crucial issues like the coal mines allocation scam and poverty and wondered that if he is not "fit" for a bigger role at 42 how can he be so at the age of 52.
"The truth is that in the last eight years, we have not heard Rahul Gandhi speak. Occasionally, he has read out statements here and there. We have not heard him speak about corruption, price rise and poverty.... That may have led to the assessment that he does not exist. That brand Rahul does not exist," BJP spokesperson Rajiv Pratap Rudy told reporters.
He pointed out Gandhi has not spoken on the 2G spectrum issue even though it was such a big issue in which former Telecom Minister A Raja had to go to jail. And till now, Gandhi has not spoken on the coal scam either, Rudy said.
"Is he with the Prime Minister or against him? He should speak out whether the charge of a Constitutional institution, the CAG, on the PM for the loot of Rs 1.86 Lakh crore (in the coal scam) is right or wrong. After all, he has to be a statesman. We haven`t heard from him," Rudy said.
"Many a times, there are views from his party that he will be holding the highest post in the government, that he will head the party... But a person who is not fit at 42, what assessment can we have that he will be fit at 52?" Rudy said.
Describing Gandhi as a "crown prince", Rudy said in reply to a question that he was referring to the Congress General Secretary`s "administrative, political and mental maturity" when he mentioned his age.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!