IUML to continue tie-up with DMK
Chennai: The Indian Union Muslim League has said it would continue its alliance with the Karunanidhi-led DMK, which recently quit the UPA on the Sri Lankan Tamils issue, in Tamil Nadu.
The decision was taken at the party`s Tamil Nadu administrative committee meeting yesterday,which also decided to take out a rally and stage demonstrations in the state on April 2, to press for their charter of demands including 10 per cent reservation for Muslims in education and employment," KM Kader Mohideen, IUML state president, said in a statement.
"DMK is reflecting the sentiments of Tamils...," he added. IUML is a constituent of the Congress-led UPA at the Centre.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- Facebook doesn't pose threat: YouTube