IUML unveils VISION 2020 document
Bangalore: The All India IUML delegates
conference on Saturday sought speedy implementation of Sacchar
Committee and Ranganath Mishra Commission recommendations.
The two-day conference, which concluded here today, urged
government to enhance participation of Muslims in governance.
The conference adopted its "IUML Vision 2020" document
outlining the initiatives needed for strengthening the
organisation, striving for bettering the standards of living
of the community and resolved to promote establishment of
NGOs, besides its allied organisations.
"The proper political participation provides a necessary
influence and opportunity to change or at least to influence
events which enable our meaningful participation in the
political process. Current statistics show that the country is
far from attaining such a goal. Enhancement of participation
at various levels is the sole remedy to such a situation", the
document, unveiled by IUML National President E Ahmed, said.
The meet decided to launch a media cell in order to
counter the ``negative stereotyping and vilification of
Muslims`` in the media and also gave a clarion call to counter
the campaign of Sangh Parivar against the community.
"We should expose Sangh Parivar attempts to defame the
community, which is making baseless propaganda", Ahmed said.
"IUML continues its drive against extremism. It calls
upon all Muslims to abide by the law of the land. IUML will
not support violation of law of the land", Ahmed, also Union
Minister for State for Railways, told the 1000-strong gathering
that had converged from all parts of the country.
The Vision document appreciated the programmes launched by
the UPA government for the welfare of Muslims.
IUML plans to set up a Research Centre and Data Bank
with state-of-the art facilities on various socio-economic
indices of the community like education, employment, poverty,
and standards of living, Ahmed said.
A Human Rights education and legal aid cell will also
be set up to provide legal assistance to needy people in the
community, he said.
The conference set a September deadline to set up its
youth and women wings and also a National level think tank to
guide the party on policy issues.
Ahmed asked all state units to undertake a membership
drive by August and present a report at the next All India
Delegates conference to be held in Kerala by that time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Mathura rally: PM Modi's ten power-packed dialogues
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in