J Dey case: Jigna Vora seeks in-camera trial
Mumbai: Journalist Jigna Vora, arrested in
connection with the murder of senior scribe Jyotirmoy Dey
on Tuesday moved the special Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime
Act (MCOCA) court here seeking in-camera trial in the case.
"Vora has filed an application seeking in-camera trial in
the case. She has also sought that the media should be totally
restrained or it should reveal the source of the stories,"
said special public prosecutor Dileep Shah.
However, it was argued in the court that there is no
provision under MCOCA seeking a media gag, he said.
Vora, Deputy Chief of Bureau of `Asian Age`, was arrested
on November 25 under MCOCA on charges of providing key
information like supplying licence plate number of the
motorcycle and address of the slain journalist, to gangster
His aide Rohee Thangappan Joseph was arrested earlier and
remanded from time to time in police and judicial custody.
Police, on December 3, had filed chargesheet against
arrested accused -- Joseph alias Satish Kalya, Abhijeet
Shinde, Arun Dake, Sachin Gaikwad, Anil Waghmode, Nilesh
Shendge, Mangesh Agawane, Vinod Asrani, Paulson Joseph and
Apparently, Rajan was upset with two articles written by
Dey which portrayed him in bad light and hence by murdering
the journalist, he wanted to send a message to the media that
those who write against him would be targeted, police said.
Jigna had instigated the overseas based underworld to
kill Dey due to professional rivalry, according to the
A supplementary charge sheet would be filed at a later
date against Vora, the eleventh arrested accused in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016