J-K sends Kasab`s Hindi tutor`s pics to Mumbai Police
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir police has sent
the details and photographs of a slain Lashkar-e-Taiba
militant to Mumbai Police to verify if he was the Hindi tutor
of Ajmal Amir Kasab, the lone terrorist arrested in the 26/11
"We have sent the photographs and details of slain
militant Abu Jindal to Mumbai Police for investigation. We
are in close touch with them," a senior police officer said
Suspected LeT militant Abu Jindal was shot dead in
Bathoi forest area of Mahore tehsil of Reasi district on
Kasab, who is undergoing trial in Mumbai, had told a
special court in June that Jindal, an Indian, had taught him
and the nine other terrorists to speak Hindi at an LeT
training camp in Pakistan.
He had told the court that Jindal had also seen them
off when they left Karachi via sea route for Mumbai to carry
out terror attacks.
Jindal, whose real name is Mohammad Owais, was killed
in an encounter with 61 Rastriya Rifles (RR) and Police in
Jindal is his code-name, but he has also got names
like Zaman and Noman. The ultra was a allegedly a close
associate of a LeT Commander Mohmmad Abdullah alias Musaffir,
who was killed in Mahore belt of the district a week ago, the
The security forces had intercepted conversations
between Jindal and Abdullah several times and the former was
also allegedly involved in the killing of a jawan and a
civilian during an encounter on July 30 in Reasi district.
"He was active in the area for past two years. There
are remote chances of him being Abu Jindal as mentioned by
Kasab," the officer said.
The Mumbai Police had yesterday said that it was in
touch with Jammu and Kashmir police and that it was awaiting a
report from the border state in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok