Jagan DA case: CBI questions BCCI chief Srinivasan
Hyderabad: Expanding its probe into the disproportionate assets against Jaganmohan Reddy, the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) questioned BCCI president N Srinivasan on Monday.
The CBI would ask Srinivasan to explain the investments his company India Cements made in Jagan`s firms, reports said.
ndia Cements is one of the cement companies facing a CBI probe for making investments into Jagan`s businesses in return for the benefits they received from the then government of YS Rajasekhara Reddy, Jagan`s father.
India Cements allegedly pumped in money in Bharati Cements and Jagati Publications owned by Jagan and in return got benefits from the government in the form of water allocation for its units in Andhra Pradesh.
The CBI believes the then government issued two orders allocating additional water from the Krishna and Kagna rivers to two plans of India Cements. The orders reportedly helped the company to double its production in the state.
CBI sources said the cement companies could be asked about water and limestone allocations made during the tenure of Rajashekhara Reddy as chief minister.
The summons to Srinivasan and others were issued after CBI grilled Andhra Pradesh Information Technology Minister Ponnala Lakshmaiah with regard to the orders issued by him as the then irrigation minister allocating water to India Cements and other companies.
The CBI, in its three charge sheets filed against Jagan and others, has alleged that he and his father had hatched a conspiracy to defraud the government with Jagan influencing Rajasekhara Reddy in doling out certain favours to various investors, who made investments in Jagan`s businesses.
Jagan is currently in judicial custody till June 11 and has been questioned by the CBI.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part IV
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- LeT chief Lakhvi`s son was gunned down by Indian troops in Kashmir: David Headley