Jagan DA case: CBI questions BCCI chief Srinivasan
Hyderabad: Expanding its probe into the disproportionate assets against Jaganmohan Reddy, the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) questioned BCCI president N Srinivasan on Monday.
The CBI would ask Srinivasan to explain the investments his company India Cements made in Jagan`s firms, reports said.
ndia Cements is one of the cement companies facing a CBI probe for making investments into Jagan`s businesses in return for the benefits they received from the then government of YS Rajasekhara Reddy, Jagan`s father.
India Cements allegedly pumped in money in Bharati Cements and Jagati Publications owned by Jagan and in return got benefits from the government in the form of water allocation for its units in Andhra Pradesh.
The CBI believes the then government issued two orders allocating additional water from the Krishna and Kagna rivers to two plans of India Cements. The orders reportedly helped the company to double its production in the state.
CBI sources said the cement companies could be asked about water and limestone allocations made during the tenure of Rajashekhara Reddy as chief minister.
The summons to Srinivasan and others were issued after CBI grilled Andhra Pradesh Information Technology Minister Ponnala Lakshmaiah with regard to the orders issued by him as the then irrigation minister allocating water to India Cements and other companies.
The CBI, in its three charge sheets filed against Jagan and others, has alleged that he and his father had hatched a conspiracy to defraud the government with Jagan influencing Rajasekhara Reddy in doling out certain favours to various investors, who made investments in Jagan`s businesses.
Jagan is currently in judicial custody till June 11 and has been questioned by the CBI.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?