Jagan DA case: CBI questions BCCI chief Srinivasan
Hyderabad: Expanding its probe into the disproportionate assets against Jaganmohan Reddy, the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) questioned BCCI president N Srinivasan on Monday.
The CBI would ask Srinivasan to explain the investments his company India Cements made in Jagan`s firms, reports said.
ndia Cements is one of the cement companies facing a CBI probe for making investments into Jagan`s businesses in return for the benefits they received from the then government of YS Rajasekhara Reddy, Jagan`s father.
India Cements allegedly pumped in money in Bharati Cements and Jagati Publications owned by Jagan and in return got benefits from the government in the form of water allocation for its units in Andhra Pradesh.
The CBI believes the then government issued two orders allocating additional water from the Krishna and Kagna rivers to two plans of India Cements. The orders reportedly helped the company to double its production in the state.
CBI sources said the cement companies could be asked about water and limestone allocations made during the tenure of Rajashekhara Reddy as chief minister.
The summons to Srinivasan and others were issued after CBI grilled Andhra Pradesh Information Technology Minister Ponnala Lakshmaiah with regard to the orders issued by him as the then irrigation minister allocating water to India Cements and other companies.
The CBI, in its three charge sheets filed against Jagan and others, has alleged that he and his father had hatched a conspiracy to defraud the government with Jagan influencing Rajasekhara Reddy in doling out certain favours to various investors, who made investments in Jagan`s businesses.
Jagan is currently in judicial custody till June 11 and has been questioned by the CBI.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks