Jagan issue domestic affair of Cong: Moily
New Delhi: Congress on Wednesday said the issue
of Y S Jaganmohan Reddy`s `Odarpu` yatra and the party`s stand
on it was a "domestic affair" which the party was capable of
Law Minister M Veerappa Moily, who is also the party
in charge of Andhra Pradesh, today refused to get drawn into
the controversy over Jagan`s claim yesterday that he had given
him a go ahead to continue with his yatra.
"I don`t want comment anymore on Jagan...." Moily told
He said the Congress was "capable of managing its own
home. It is a domestic affair, we will manage it."
When persisted, Moily said he cannot make a statement
daily on the issue. "I cannot generate and regenerate a
statement daily," he said.
Standoff between the Congress and Jagan took a new
turn yesterday when the MP claimed that the party had given
him the go-ahead to continue with his yatra. His claim was
strongly refuted by Moily.
After meeting Moily, Jaganmohan had claimed the
Congress leader gave him a green signal to continue with the
yatra and "this tour of mine was widely appreciated by him".
But, hours later, Moily told reporters: "I never told
him to go-ahead nor did he ask my permission."
"There is no question of giving permission when he has
not discussed the issue with me. Our advice is better he
desists from going ahead with the yatra," he had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'