Jagan issue domestic affair of Cong: Moily
New Delhi: Congress on Wednesday said the issue
of Y S Jaganmohan Reddy`s `Odarpu` yatra and the party`s stand
on it was a "domestic affair" which the party was capable of
Law Minister M Veerappa Moily, who is also the party
in charge of Andhra Pradesh, today refused to get drawn into
the controversy over Jagan`s claim yesterday that he had given
him a go ahead to continue with his yatra.
"I don`t want comment anymore on Jagan...." Moily told
He said the Congress was "capable of managing its own
home. It is a domestic affair, we will manage it."
When persisted, Moily said he cannot make a statement
daily on the issue. "I cannot generate and regenerate a
statement daily," he said.
Standoff between the Congress and Jagan took a new
turn yesterday when the MP claimed that the party had given
him the go-ahead to continue with his yatra. His claim was
strongly refuted by Moily.
After meeting Moily, Jaganmohan had claimed the
Congress leader gave him a green signal to continue with the
yatra and "this tour of mine was widely appreciated by him".
But, hours later, Moily told reporters: "I never told
him to go-ahead nor did he ask my permission."
"There is no question of giving permission when he has
not discussed the issue with me. Our advice is better he
desists from going ahead with the yatra," he had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?