Jagan Mohan to withdraw bail plea from SC?
Hyderabad: YSR Congress chief Jagan Mohan Reddy is likely to withdraw his bail plea from Supreme Court on Monday. The SC hearing of Reddy’s bail plea in the disproportionate assets case is scheduled to take place today.
Reddy had appealed against the Andhra Pradesh High Court order on July 4 that had denied him relief in the case.
The HC had denied him bail after CBI stated that the bail should not be granted as the probe is at a critical juncture. However, the judge pointed out that the CBI has not presented any evidence to show that Reddy had tampered with evidence.
Reddy was arrested on May 27 in disproportionate assets case and has been in jail since then. Reddy`s mother Vijayalakshmi and YSR top leaders met PM Manmohan Singh in Delhi earlier this month and sought his intervention in the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part II
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part III
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter - Part II
- Kejriwal gives one week deadline to discoms to solve outages problem
- French Open 2016: Novak Djokovic, Andy Murray through as Angelique Kerber exits
- 'Asian Century' largely depends on India, China: Pranab Mukherjee
- Beijing medals at risk for Russia after positive re-tests
- IPL 2016: AB de Villiers, Iqbal Abdullah take RCB into final with stunning win over GL in Qualifier 1