Jagan Mohan to withdraw bail plea from SC?
Hyderabad: YSR Congress chief Jagan Mohan Reddy is likely to withdraw his bail plea from Supreme Court on Monday. The SC hearing of Reddy’s bail plea in the disproportionate assets case is scheduled to take place today.
Reddy had appealed against the Andhra Pradesh High Court order on July 4 that had denied him relief in the case.
The HC had denied him bail after CBI stated that the bail should not be granted as the probe is at a critical juncture. However, the judge pointed out that the CBI has not presented any evidence to show that Reddy had tampered with evidence.
Reddy was arrested on May 27 in disproportionate assets case and has been in jail since then. Reddy`s mother Vijayalakshmi and YSR top leaders met PM Manmohan Singh in Delhi earlier this month and sought his intervention in the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Brexit: UK goes to polls in knife-edge EU referendum; over 46 million people to decide Britain's fate
- 'US will continue to expand defense systems to protect South Korea, regional allies from North Korean missiles'
- Bandits kill 31 bush taxi passengers in Madagascar
- North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un hails successful test of new missile, says it can strike US Pacific bases
- LIC chairman S K Roy resigns two years before his term ends