Jagan Mohan to withdraw bail plea from SC?
Hyderabad: YSR Congress chief Jagan Mohan Reddy is likely to withdraw his bail plea from Supreme Court on Monday. The SC hearing of Reddy’s bail plea in the disproportionate assets case is scheduled to take place today.
Reddy had appealed against the Andhra Pradesh High Court order on July 4 that had denied him relief in the case.
The HC had denied him bail after CBI stated that the bail should not be granted as the probe is at a critical juncture. However, the judge pointed out that the CBI has not presented any evidence to show that Reddy had tampered with evidence.
Reddy was arrested on May 27 in disproportionate assets case and has been in jail since then. Reddy`s mother Vijayalakshmi and YSR top leaders met PM Manmohan Singh in Delhi earlier this month and sought his intervention in the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video