Jagan Mohan to withdraw bail plea from SC?
Hyderabad: YSR Congress chief Jagan Mohan Reddy is likely to withdraw his bail plea from Supreme Court on Monday. The SC hearing of Reddy’s bail plea in the disproportionate assets case is scheduled to take place today.
Reddy had appealed against the Andhra Pradesh High Court order on July 4 that had denied him relief in the case.
The HC had denied him bail after CBI stated that the bail should not be granted as the probe is at a critical juncture. However, the judge pointed out that the CBI has not presented any evidence to show that Reddy had tampered with evidence.
Reddy was arrested on May 27 in disproportionate assets case and has been in jail since then. Reddy`s mother Vijayalakshmi and YSR top leaders met PM Manmohan Singh in Delhi earlier this month and sought his intervention in the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list