Jagan to float new party within 45 days
Hyderabad: Former Congress MP YS Jaganmohan Reddy, who resigned from the party recently accusing the leadership of humiliating his family, on Tuesday said that he will launch a new party in 45 days.
Jagan made the announcement amid loud cheers by his followers at Pulivendula in his native Kadapa district.
The new party would be formed to protect the self-respect of the people, the former MP said. He declared that his goal was to bring the party to power in 2014.
According to reports, the party will be called YSR Congress Party or YSR Rashtriya Congress Party. The groundwork for the launch of the party has already initiated.
Jagan, who also resigned from his Kadapa Lok Sabha seat, said by-elections to Lok Sabha seat would be his semi-final while the 2014 assembly elections would be the final.
"We have to work hard for these three years and then there will be good governance for 30 years," he said.
Jagan claimed that the Congress was in power in New Delhi due to his father YSR. The late YSR`s supporters would bless and support his new party, he said.
Reports claimed that some senior Congress leaders are working overtime in the pre-launch work of the new party, adding that Jagan wants to wean away Dalit workers from the Congress and the TDP, with a formula of offering them 50 percent of the seats in the ensuing local body elections.
Meanwhile, keeping in view the bye-elections for Pulivendula Assembly and Kadapa Parliament constituencies, Jagan is scheduled to meet his supporters tomorrow at Pulivendula, Vempalli and Chakrayapeta mandals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH