`Jagan will meet Sonia, express regret`
New Delhi: Rebellious Congress MP Y S
Jaganmohan Reddy will meet party President Sonia Gandhi and
express regret over his television channel`s attacks on
Gandhi, Rahul and the party, his uncle claimed here Saturday.
Y S Vivekananda Reddy, brother of the late Andhra
Pradesh Chief Minister Y S Rajasekhara Reddy, told reporters
here that he would also accompany his nephew when he meets
Gandhi. However, he did not say when the meeting will
Telugu television channel, `Sakshi`, owened by Jagan,
had last week attacked, Sonia Gandhi, Prime Minister Manmohan
Singh, Rahul and the Congress triggering political
developments including the change of Chief Minister.
Vivekananda Reddy said every Congressman was hurt by the
attacks which went on air on the channel but sought to suggest
that Jagan may not have been aware of this.
He said the editors of the channel should be properly
advised against such telecasts.
Vivekananda Reddy, who is here to lobby for a ministerial
post in the state cabinet, said Jagan cannot be held directly
responsible for the content that goes on air as he is not the
"I don`t know what prompted the channel to telecast such a
programme which had hurt the feelings of all Congressmen. It
must have hurt the feelings of Jagan himself," he said.
The MLC said the "phenomenal rise" of Jagan in the party
after the death of his late father YSR has led to the rise of
his enemies in the party, who "have been planting" stories to
the High Command.
"There have been many designs against Jagan by some party
leaders, especially after the Odarpu yatra, which drew
thousands of people," he said.
He said the entire family of late YSR, including Jagan,
will be with the Congress forever.
Vivekananda Reddy also said the "crowd puller" Jagan will
play a major role in the 2014 elections and will work for the
victory of the Congress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried at Chandanwadi's Bada Kabristan in Mumbai
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened