Jagan`s mother meets Pranab, demands son`s release
New Delhi: YS Jaganmohan Reddy`s mother Vijayamma on Tuesday knocked at the doors of President Pranab Mukherjee demanding that her jailed son be released immediately.
Presenting signatures of 1.30 crore people who have signed in favour of Jagan`s release from prison, she told Mukherjee that her politician-son is being "targeted" by the ruling Congress.
Accompanied by party leaders, the widow of late YS Rajasekhara Reddy told Mukherjee that Jagan has been languishing in a jail in Hyderabad since May 2012 and demanded that he be released.
Vijayamma said the party had organised a massive signature campaign for Jagan`s release across the state and claimed 1.90 crore people had participated in the campaign.
"Due to paucity of time, only 1 crore and 30 lakh signatures could be scanned and all were presented to the President," YSR Congress MP M Rajamohan Reddy said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands