Jagan`s mother meets Pranab, demands son`s release
New Delhi: YS Jaganmohan Reddy`s mother Vijayamma on Tuesday knocked at the doors of President Pranab Mukherjee demanding that her jailed son be released immediately.
Presenting signatures of 1.30 crore people who have signed in favour of Jagan`s release from prison, she told Mukherjee that her politician-son is being "targeted" by the ruling Congress.
Accompanied by party leaders, the widow of late YS Rajasekhara Reddy told Mukherjee that Jagan has been languishing in a jail in Hyderabad since May 2012 and demanded that he be released.
Vijayamma said the party had organised a massive signature campaign for Jagan`s release across the state and claimed 1.90 crore people had participated in the campaign.
"Due to paucity of time, only 1 crore and 30 lakh signatures could be scanned and all were presented to the President," YSR Congress MP M Rajamohan Reddy said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days