Jagan`s uncle meets Sonia
New Delhi: Y S Vivekananda Reddy on Sunday
met Congress chief Sonia Gandhi and is understood to have
discussed the political situation in Andhra Pradesh arising
out of the rebellious attitude of his nephew and party MP
Vivekananda Reddy, the brother of late Andhra Pradesh
Chief Minister Y S Rajasekhara Reddy, met Gandhi at her 10,
Janpath residence in the morning.
The two are understood to have discussed the issue of
Sakshi television channel owned by Jagan launching a frontal
attack on the Congress President, Prime Minister Manmohan
Singh and party general secretary Rahul Gandhi.
There was no official word on what transpired at the
30-minute long meeting.
Vivekananda Reddy refused to speak to the waiting
media outside Gandhi`s residence.
The visit also assumes significance in the wake of
Vivekananda seeking a cabinet berth for himself in the Kiran
Kumar Reddy ministry.
It also comes a day after he said Jaganmohan would
meet Gandhi and express regret for airing of the programmes on
Sakshi TV channel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch