Jagan`s uncle meets Sonia
New Delhi: Y S Vivekananda Reddy on Sunday
met Congress chief Sonia Gandhi and is understood to have
discussed the political situation in Andhra Pradesh arising
out of the rebellious attitude of his nephew and party MP
Vivekananda Reddy, the brother of late Andhra Pradesh
Chief Minister Y S Rajasekhara Reddy, met Gandhi at her 10,
Janpath residence in the morning.
The two are understood to have discussed the issue of
Sakshi television channel owned by Jagan launching a frontal
attack on the Congress President, Prime Minister Manmohan
Singh and party general secretary Rahul Gandhi.
There was no official word on what transpired at the
30-minute long meeting.
Vivekananda Reddy refused to speak to the waiting
media outside Gandhi`s residence.
The visit also assumes significance in the wake of
Vivekananda seeking a cabinet berth for himself in the Kiran
Kumar Reddy ministry.
It also comes a day after he said Jaganmohan would
meet Gandhi and express regret for airing of the programmes on
Sakshi TV channel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Camera Day: Celebrate the art of photography and go click-happy!