Jagan`s uncle meets Sonia
New Delhi: Y S Vivekananda Reddy on Sunday
met Congress chief Sonia Gandhi and is understood to have
discussed the political situation in Andhra Pradesh arising
out of the rebellious attitude of his nephew and party MP
Vivekananda Reddy, the brother of late Andhra Pradesh
Chief Minister Y S Rajasekhara Reddy, met Gandhi at her 10,
Janpath residence in the morning.
The two are understood to have discussed the issue of
Sakshi television channel owned by Jagan launching a frontal
attack on the Congress President, Prime Minister Manmohan
Singh and party general secretary Rahul Gandhi.
There was no official word on what transpired at the
30-minute long meeting.
Vivekananda Reddy refused to speak to the waiting
media outside Gandhi`s residence.
The visit also assumes significance in the wake of
Vivekananda seeking a cabinet berth for himself in the Kiran
Kumar Reddy ministry.
It also comes a day after he said Jaganmohan would
meet Gandhi and express regret for airing of the programmes on
Sakshi TV channel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Sensex firms up 78 points in early trade on F&O expiry
- Piers Morgan pokes fun at India's performance in Rio: Here's how Virender Sehwag SHUT him down
- Raj Thackeray defies SC order, MNS ties Dahi-Handi at 49 feet in Thane
- Fashion for me is feeling glamorous, confident: Shraddha Kapoor
- Jio does Apple, people throng Reliance Stores for free 4G test SIM