Jaguar fighter jet crashes in Gujarat`s Kutch; pilot safe
Zee Media Bureau/Deepak Nagpal
Ahmedabad: A Jaguar fighter plane of the Indian Air Force crashed on Friday while on a routine sortie from the Bhuj air base.
The plane crashed near Bibber village in the Kutch district of Gujarat.
The pilot was reported to be safe.
According to IAF sources, pilot flying the combat aircraft ejected safely in time.
"A Jaguar fighter jet which had taken off from Bhuj air base for a routine sortie crashed near Bibber village, which is 30 kms from the base," an IAF official said.
"The pilot ejected safely and is not hurt in the mishap," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!