Jaguar fighter jet crashes in Gujarat`s Kutch; pilot safe
Zee Media Bureau/Deepak Nagpal
Ahmedabad: A Jaguar fighter plane of the Indian Air Force crashed on Friday while on a routine sortie from the Bhuj air base.
The plane crashed near Bibber village in the Kutch district of Gujarat.
The pilot was reported to be safe.
According to IAF sources, pilot flying the combat aircraft ejected safely in time.
"A Jaguar fighter jet which had taken off from Bhuj air base for a routine sortie crashed near Bibber village, which is 30 kms from the base," an IAF official said.
"The pilot ejected safely and is not hurt in the mishap," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Actress Leslie Jones' website hacked, nude photos posted
- Afghan forces hunt gunmen after American University attack
- Islamic State attacks Western-backed camp on Jordan-Syria border
- Italy quake kills 159 as rescuers race to find survivors
- Syria launched chemical attacks, IS used mustard gas: UN report