Jaipal raps Jagan for anti-Sonia remarks
New Delhi: With almost the entire top leadership of the Congress coming under attack from Jaganmohan Reddy’s television channel ‘Sakshi’, senior party leader Jaipal Reddy on Saturday sent a stern message to former Andhra Pradesh chief minister YSR Reddy’s son.
Speaking to reporters here, Jaipal Reddy said Jagan has violated the party discipline. He also described the stories on the party leadership aired on Sakshi channel as “undesirable”.
He added that the party leadership has taken note of the issue and will decide the future course of action.
On Sakshi channel’s rebuttal that Jagan had no role in the channel’s programming, Jaipal Reddy said, “Everybody knows who owns Sakshi TV.”
Of late, Sakshi channel has been carrying stories attacking Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, party president Sonia Gandhi and her son Rahul Gandhi.
The channel had earlier blamed Sonia Gandhi`s "poor leadership" for the party`s rout in various states, termed her an "uninspiring speaker". It had also attacked Dr Singh describing him as "Sonia Gandhi`s rubber stamp".
On Thursday, the channel criticised Rahul Gandhi for the Bihar poll debacle.
"A charismatic leader is missing. In its 125-year history, the Congress has never reached a nadir like now," the channel stated in a current affairs programme.
The Congress’ stern message to Jagan came on a day when the state’s new Chief Minister Kiran Kumar Reddy is in Delhi to meet party leaders, including Sonia Gandhi.
Kiran Kumar Reddy took over the reins of the state after K Rosaiah, who was installed as CM after YSR’s death in a helicopter crash last year, stepped down as chief minister citing health and age issues.
Jagan has trained guns on the Congress leadership ever since his father’s death, after he was denied the CM’s chair.
Reports, of late, have indicated that he was planning to quit Congress and float a new regional party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- Donald Trump denies 'flip flopping' on immigration
- Govt plans to launch PM research fellowships for IIT graduates from next academic year
- Guwahati to host 2016 Indian Super League season opener
- An Alaskan village votes to relocate because of global warming
- US Judge blocks federal action on transgender students' bathroom access