Jaipal Reddy assures Central support for CSIR, IIIM in J&K
Srinagar: Union minister Jaipal Reddy on Saturday assured Central support for upgradation and strengthening of the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) and Indian Institute of Integrative Medicine (IIIM) in Jammu and Kashmir.
"The Centre will support two Bio-Technological Parks, World Class Value Addition Centre for Aroma, State-of-the-art Leather Centre, Science Museum and Academy of Scientific Research for their upgradation and strengthening," said Reddy, Union minister for Science and Technology.
He was speaking at a function organised to rededicate CSIR-IIIM lab to the nation here.
Reddy praised Chief Minister Omar Abdullah for his keen interest in developing scientific temperament in the students of the state, and utilising intervention of Science and Technology to seek welfare and development of the state.
He assured the support of his Ministry to the state in its this endeavour.
"The performance of Omar-led government has been satisfactory not only for his well wishers but to all," the Union minister said adding the admiration for young and dynamic Omar has been silently growing in him since the day he heard Omar`s five minutes spell bound speech in the Parliament which was not only the best for its eloquence but its substance and earnestness.
Earlier, Omar said the rich potential of Jammu and Kashmir in bio-technology and IT fields could not be harnessed owing to the long period of disturbance in the state.
The chief minister said the IIIM branch of Srinagar was shattered during the period of disturbance.
"Its functioning came to stand still, scientists and teachers left the institution and security forces stayed here," he said adding with the rooting of normality, "IIIM Srinagar started breathing again".
Omar said he was keen to restore the institution to its full functioning and developing it as an institute of repute and fame.
He lauded the support provided by the Union Government and CSIR in rejuvenating the Centre back to normal functioning and upgrading.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption