Jaipur police to reach Kerala today, seek Bitti Mohanty’s custody
Kannur: A team of Rajasthan Police is expected to arrive here on Monday to seek custody of rape case convict Bitti Mohanty, who was arrested after remaining absconding for seven years by jumping parole while serving a prison term in Rajasthan.
Jaipur Assistant Police Commissioner Biju George Joseph told a Malayalam television channel that a team of Rajasthan Police would reach Kannur on Monday with jail and production warrants. Bitti was sentenced to seven years imprisonment in 2006 for raping a 26-year-old German woman at Alwar.
Son of former Odisha DGP BB Mohanty, Bitti had been working as a Probationary Officer in a public sector bank here for the last three years impersonating as `Raghav Raja` from Andhra Pradesh.
He had been charged with cheating, foregery and impersonation by Kerala Police.
Bitti landed in trouble after the employees of the bank branch at Pazhayangadi grew suspicious of the true identity of their colleague on seeing his photo among pictures of accused in various sex crimes shown by TV channels and those floated on the Internet in the wake of the Delhi gang-rape incident.
Bitti was picked up from his local residence on Friday evening and during interrogation revealed his true identity after initially trying to mislead the police.
The arrest proceedings were completed after police also corroborated their findings by interacting with their counterparts in Rajasthan, Andhra Pradesh and Odisha.
After jumping parole in 2006, Bitti obtained an MBA degree and managed to get into the bank as a probationary officer.
He pretended to be an Andhraite and during his stay also learnt to speak Malayalam well, without giving a clue to local people or his colleagues that he is a convict.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy