Jaipur police to seek custody of Bitti Mohanty
Kannur: A team of Rajasthan Police is expected to arrive here on Monday to seek custody of rape case convict Bitti Mohanty, who was arrested after remaining absconding for seven years by jumping parole while serving a prison term in Rajasthan.
Jaipur Assistant Police Commissioner Biju George Joseph told a Malayalam television channel that a team of Rajasthan Police would reach Kannur tomorrow with jail and production warrants. Bitti was sentenced to seven years imprisonment in 2006 for raping a 26-year-old German woman at Alwar.
Son of former Odisha DGP BB Mohanty, Bitti had been working as a Probationary Officer in a public sector bank here for the last three years impersonating as `Raghav Raja` from Andhra Pradesh.
He had been charged with cheating, foregery and impersonation by Kerala Police.
Bitti landed in trouble after the employees of the bank branch at Pazhayangadi grew suspicious of the true identity of their colleague on seeing his photo among pictures of accused in various sex crimes shown by TV channels and those floated on the Internet in the wake of the Delhi gang-rape incident.
Bitti was picked up from his local residence on Friday evening and during interrogation revealed his true identity after initially trying to mislead the police.
The arrest proceedings were completed after police also corroborated their findings by interacting with their counterparts in Rajasthan, Andhra Pradesh and Odisha.
After jumping parole in 2006, Bitti obtained an MBA degree and managed to get into the bank as a probationary officer.
He pretended to be an Andhraite and during his stay also learnt to speak Malayalam well, without giving a clue to local people or his colleagues that he is a convict.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM