Jairam asks Kerala to launch anti-liquor campaign
Palakkad: Union Minister for Rural Development Jairam Ramesh on Thursday asked the Kerala government to launch an anti-alcholism campaign in the tribal hamlets of Attapaddy in the district.
"Do not drink liquor", he urged the tribal villagers of Paloor hamlet in Attapaddy during a visit to the hamlets along with Chief Minister Oommen Chandy to have an on the spot study of the health scenario in the wake of infant deaths due to malnutrition in the recent days.
Ramesh asked the state government officials accompanying them to start an anti-liquor campaign immediately in the area.
Ramesh enquired from the villagers the problems faced by them in the health sector.
According to official figures, as many as 28 tribal children had died in the last six months alone due to various health problems including malnutrition, poor health of mothers and failure to provide prompt pre and post maternity medical aid.
Taking a serious view of the situation, state government had announced a package to improve the health delivery system in the area.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH