Jairam asks Kerala to launch anti-liquor campaign
Palakkad: Union Minister for Rural Development Jairam Ramesh on Thursday asked the Kerala government to launch an anti-alcholism campaign in the tribal hamlets of Attapaddy in the district.
"Do not drink liquor", he urged the tribal villagers of Paloor hamlet in Attapaddy during a visit to the hamlets along with Chief Minister Oommen Chandy to have an on the spot study of the health scenario in the wake of infant deaths due to malnutrition in the recent days.
Ramesh asked the state government officials accompanying them to start an anti-liquor campaign immediately in the area.
Ramesh enquired from the villagers the problems faced by them in the health sector.
According to official figures, as many as 28 tribal children had died in the last six months alone due to various health problems including malnutrition, poor health of mothers and failure to provide prompt pre and post maternity medical aid.
Taking a serious view of the situation, state government had announced a package to improve the health delivery system in the area.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Brexit will greatly weaken EU, says European Commission Vice-President Maros Sefcovic
- SHOCKING! This model ran sex racket under guise of production house in Mumbai's Versova, arrested
- 'BJP will retain power at Centre in 2019 Lok Sabha elections'
- Theatre doyen Kavalam Narayana Panicker passes away; he was 88
- AugustaWestland VVIP chopper scam: None will be spared, asserts Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar