Jairam Ramesh changes tune, now flays AAP
New Delhi: Ticked off by his party for praising Aam Aadmi Party (AAP), Union Minister Jairam Ramesh on Saturday changed tune, saying it was just a "platform" unlike structure-based Congress and suggested that there could be "anarchy" because of it.
"AAP is not a party, it is a platform... Basically, AAP has been an agitation, not a party. Congress party is a party of ideology, governance, office-bearers and structure," he told reporters here.
"If you do not have a party, you will have anarchy in our country. You cannot have chaos and anarchy," the Congress leader added.
Drawing a comparison between Congress and AAP, he said the overall ideology of the 128-year-old party was cohesive ideology.
His change in tune came two days after he was ticked off by the party for saying the AAP has been raising "legitimate" issues and asked the political class not to make fun of it.
Asked today about the role of AAP in the upcoming Lok Sabha elections, Ramesh said it was too early to comment about its national impact.
"Delhi, certainly, they have planted their flag and they are getting a lot of media space. But, what extent they are going to have national impact is too early to say," Ramesh stated.
When pointed out that he had been criticised by his party for praising AAP, Ramesh merely said, "I was also told."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL