Jairam Ramesh gets more party work
New Delhi: In a clear reflection of his increasing role in party affairs, Union Minister Jairam Ramesh has been made the chairman of programme implementation committee of Jharkhand and manifesto implementation panels for Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur and Mizoram.
While Congress is sharing power in alliance with JMM in Jharkhand, the rest are Congress-ruled states.
Sometime back there was intense speculation about Ramesh being drafted for party work ahead of the next Lok Sabha elections.
Union Minister Krishna Tirath is also on the manifesto implementation committee of the three North-Eastern states, which have AICC general secretary in-charge, PCC president, CLP leader as also AICC secretary in-charge as members along with two senior leaders from the state.
The party has also come out with coordination committees for the three North-Eastern states, which are headed by the general secretary in-charge and have the PCC presidents as convenors.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore