Jairam Ramesh gets more party work
New Delhi: In a clear reflection of his increasing role in party affairs, Union Minister Jairam Ramesh has been made the chairman of programme implementation committee of Jharkhand and manifesto implementation panels for Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur and Mizoram.
While Congress is sharing power in alliance with JMM in Jharkhand, the rest are Congress-ruled states.
Sometime back there was intense speculation about Ramesh being drafted for party work ahead of the next Lok Sabha elections.
Union Minister Krishna Tirath is also on the manifesto implementation committee of the three North-Eastern states, which have AICC general secretary in-charge, PCC president, CLP leader as also AICC secretary in-charge as members along with two senior leaders from the state.
The party has also come out with coordination committees for the three North-Eastern states, which are headed by the general secretary in-charge and have the PCC presidents as convenors.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- 40 dead as Turkish shelling, raids hit Syrian civilians
- ACB questions former Delhi CM Sheila Dikshit in water tanker scam
- CAB planning Jagmohan Dalmiya Memorial Lecture during home season
- Dhyan Chand should have got Bharat Ratna ahead of Sachin Tendulkar, says former greats
- Kevin Magnussen taken to hospital for checks after crash at Belgian Grand Prix