Jairam Ramesh gets more party work
New Delhi: In a clear reflection of his increasing role in party affairs, Union Minister Jairam Ramesh has been made the chairman of programme implementation committee of Jharkhand and manifesto implementation panels for Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur and Mizoram.
While Congress is sharing power in alliance with JMM in Jharkhand, the rest are Congress-ruled states.
Sometime back there was intense speculation about Ramesh being drafted for party work ahead of the next Lok Sabha elections.
Union Minister Krishna Tirath is also on the manifesto implementation committee of the three North-Eastern states, which have AICC general secretary in-charge, PCC president, CLP leader as also AICC secretary in-charge as members along with two senior leaders from the state.
The party has also come out with coordination committees for the three North-Eastern states, which are headed by the general secretary in-charge and have the PCC presidents as convenors.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...