Jaishankar is India`s new envoy to China
New Delhi: India`s Ambassador to Singapore S Jaishankar was on Friday named the envoy to Beijing and Nalin Surie, secretary (west) in the External Affairs Ministry, is New Delhi`s new high commissioner in London.
Jaishankar will succeed Nirupama Rao, who takes over as India`s foreign secretary August 01.
Jaishankar is the son of veteran strategic thinker and analyst K Subrahmanyam.
Surie will succeed Shiv Shankar Mukherjee in London. Mukherjee retires from the foreign service next month.
With these key ambassadorial postings, the process of top-level reshuffle under way in the Ministry for the past few months is complete.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Ravindra Jadeja gets engaged to Rajkot-based mechanical engineer Reeva Solanki
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- Abhishek Bachchan's 'family' birthday—See pics