Jaishankar is India`s new envoy to China
New Delhi: India`s Ambassador to Singapore S Jaishankar was on Friday named the envoy to Beijing and Nalin Surie, secretary (west) in the External Affairs Ministry, is New Delhi`s new high commissioner in London.
Jaishankar will succeed Nirupama Rao, who takes over as India`s foreign secretary August 01.
Jaishankar is the son of veteran strategic thinker and analyst K Subrahmanyam.
Surie will succeed Shiv Shankar Mukherjee in London. Mukherjee retires from the foreign service next month.
With these key ambassadorial postings, the process of top-level reshuffle under way in the Ministry for the past few months is complete.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living