Jaishankar is India`s new envoy to China
New Delhi: India`s Ambassador to Singapore S Jaishankar was on Friday named the envoy to Beijing and Nalin Surie, secretary (west) in the External Affairs Ministry, is New Delhi`s new high commissioner in London.
Jaishankar will succeed Nirupama Rao, who takes over as India`s foreign secretary August 01.
Jaishankar is the son of veteran strategic thinker and analyst K Subrahmanyam.
Surie will succeed Shiv Shankar Mukherjee in London. Mukherjee retires from the foreign service next month.
With these key ambassadorial postings, the process of top-level reshuffle under way in the Ministry for the past few months is complete.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!