Jaishankar is India`s new envoy to China
New Delhi: India`s Ambassador to Singapore S Jaishankar was on Friday named the envoy to Beijing and Nalin Surie, secretary (west) in the External Affairs Ministry, is New Delhi`s new high commissioner in London.
Jaishankar will succeed Nirupama Rao, who takes over as India`s foreign secretary August 01.
Jaishankar is the son of veteran strategic thinker and analyst K Subrahmanyam.
Surie will succeed Shiv Shankar Mukherjee in London. Mukherjee retires from the foreign service next month.
With these key ambassadorial postings, the process of top-level reshuffle under way in the Ministry for the past few months is complete.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- South Africa vs New Zealand, 2nd Test: Steyn, Philander strike after du Plessis ton as Proteas take control on Day 2
- Rio Olympics medallist Sakshi Malik to tie the knot soon: Report
- MPCA to decide on holding elections in Monday's AGM
- The solar system is home to millions of Jupiter-like planets, reveals NASA!
- Force India move up to fourth after strong finish in Belgium