Jaiswal for fast track court for crimes against women
Kanpur: Asserting the need for establishing fast track courts for speedy trial of rape cases, Union Minister Sriprakash Jaiswal on Sunday said justice would not be met if it would take 10-15 years to punish the guilty.
"The Delhi gang-rape case has shocked the country and all governments should learn a lesson from it. Fast track courts should be set up to hear such cases and justice should be provided as early as possible," he told at a press meet here.
The Coal Minister also said that there was a need for change in Indian society`s perception towards women to put an end to such crimes.
"An attitude change towards women can only make women and girls in the country feel secure," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Curfew, restrictions continue for 48th day in Kashmir
- Rahul Gandhi must come clean on how Mahatma Gandhi's assassin was affiliated to RSS: Vaidya
- Japanese truck driver playing Pokemon Go kills pedestrian
- `No radicalisation` in Australia stabbing death: Police
- How to get MIUI 8 update on Xiaomi smartphone: Check out tutorial