Jaiswal for fast track court for crimes against women
Kanpur: Asserting the need for establishing fast track courts for speedy trial of rape cases, Union Minister Sriprakash Jaiswal on Sunday said justice would not be met if it would take 10-15 years to punish the guilty.
"The Delhi gang-rape case has shocked the country and all governments should learn a lesson from it. Fast track courts should be set up to hear such cases and justice should be provided as early as possible," he told at a press meet here.
The Coal Minister also said that there was a need for change in Indian society`s perception towards women to put an end to such crimes.
"An attitude change towards women can only make women and girls in the country feel secure," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users