Jaiswal for fast track court for crimes against women
Kanpur: Asserting the need for establishing fast track courts for speedy trial of rape cases, Union Minister Sriprakash Jaiswal on Sunday said justice would not be met if it would take 10-15 years to punish the guilty.
"The Delhi gang-rape case has shocked the country and all governments should learn a lesson from it. Fast track courts should be set up to hear such cases and justice should be provided as early as possible," he told at a press meet here.
The Coal Minister also said that there was a need for change in Indian society`s perception towards women to put an end to such crimes.
"An attitude change towards women can only make women and girls in the country feel secure," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of 17 years of Kargil war history
- DNA: Analysis of 17 years of Kargil war history- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of Indian boat patrols on Ladakh's Pangong Tso Lake
- British Council employee under fire over Prince George remarks
- British convert to Islam 'Jihadi Jack' denies joining ISIS
- Rio Olympics: Saina Nehwal seeded 5th, PV Sindhu 9th for the 2016 Games
- Volkswagen gets preliminary approval for US diesel settlement
- Parliament passes bill to allow kids below 14 to be engaged in 'home-based work'