Jaiswal for fast track court for crimes against women
Kanpur: Asserting the need for establishing fast track courts for speedy trial of rape cases, Union Minister Sriprakash Jaiswal on Sunday said justice would not be met if it would take 10-15 years to punish the guilty.
"The Delhi gang-rape case has shocked the country and all governments should learn a lesson from it. Fast track courts should be set up to hear such cases and justice should be provided as early as possible," he told at a press meet here.
The Coal Minister also said that there was a need for change in Indian society`s perception towards women to put an end to such crimes.
"An attitude change towards women can only make women and girls in the country feel secure," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Pakistan has started behaving like an enemy: JD(U)
- Donald Trump links death of NBA star's cousin to black vote
- Watch: Sushant Singh Rajput spills romance in 'Kaun Tujhe' from 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- STOP THIS SHAME! Minor gangraped in Delhi's Jamia Nagar; suspect is juvenile
- Benefits of face scrubs for men