Jaiswal for fast track court for crimes against women
Kanpur: Asserting the need for establishing fast track courts for speedy trial of rape cases, Union Minister Sriprakash Jaiswal on Sunday said justice would not be met if it would take 10-15 years to punish the guilty.
"The Delhi gang-rape case has shocked the country and all governments should learn a lesson from it. Fast track courts should be set up to hear such cases and justice should be provided as early as possible," he told at a press meet here.
The Coal Minister also said that there was a need for change in Indian society`s perception towards women to put an end to such crimes.
"An attitude change towards women can only make women and girls in the country feel secure," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan