Jaitley bats for National Judicial Commission
Lucknow: Expressing concern over erosion
of credibility of the judiciary, senior BJP leader Arun Jaitley on Sunday emphasised the need of setting up a National
"To maintain credibility of judiciary, constitution of
National Judicial Commission is need of the hour. Also,
retired justices should not be given government posts as it
affects decision delivered by them in their tenure," Jaitley
said at a national lawyers` conference here.
Referring to the Supreme Court setting aside the
disqualification of 16 MLAs in Karnataka, he said that those
associated the BJP`s lawyer cell will study such decisions.
Advocating the Lokpal Bill, the BJP leader said that
it was necessary to check corruption and added that free and
fair process should be adopted to appoint the Lokpal.
Stating that commissions were losing credibility, he
cited example of Liberhan Commission (for Babri mosque
demolition) which presented its report in 18 years.
Jaitley also emphasised on the need for freeing CBI
from the government control.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan