Jaitley CDR case: Alleged main conspirator in judicial remand
New Delhi: Private detective Anurag Singh, the alleged main conspirator arrested in connection with the attempt to access call details of BJP leader Arun Jaitley, was on Tuesday remanded in judicial custody by a Delhi court.
Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Vidya Prakash remanded Singh in judicial custody till March 6.
The other three accused -- constable Arvind Dabas, Neeraj and Nitish -- are already in judicial custody.
Anurag was also an accused in the Amar Singh phone tapping case along with three others.
He used to run a private detective agency V-Detect.
His father is a retired DG (customs) while mother is a collector in customs.
The police has said Singh is believed to be the mastermind who had succeeded in getting the call detail records of 12 VIPs before the operation came out in open with the attempt to retrieve the call details of Jaitley.
In the Amar Singh`s phone tapping case, Anurag was alleged to have purchased the mobile phone in which the conversation was recorded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says