Jaitley CDR case: Offence of forgery made out, say police
New Delhi: The Delhi Police on Friday told a court here that offences of forgery may be made out against the four arrested accused, including its constable Arvind Dabas, in the Arun Jaitley phone tapping case.
During the arguments on Dabas` bail plea in an in-camera hearing, the Special Cell of Delhi Police told the court that offences under Sections 464 (making a false document), 468 (forgery for the purpose of cheating) and 471 (using as genuine a forged document) of the IPC may be made out against the arrested accused in the case.
A lawyer associated with the case said the police opposed the bail plea arguing that offences of forgery under the IPC are non-bailable and Dabas should not be granted the relief.
The police also said the chain of offence is "complete" which shows criminality on the part of the accused persons and their investigation in the case is going on.
Advocate Naushad Ahmad Khan, who appeared for Dabas, told the court that there was no direct evidence against his client and he should be enlarged on bail.
After hearing the arguments from both the sides, Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Amit Bansal reserved his order on the bail plea for March 11.
The court had yesterday also asked media persons to vacate the courtroom saying contents of the FIR would be cited during the hearing on the bail plea and the court had earlier directed that its details should not be revealed.
Dabas` counsel had told the court that there was no direct evidence to book his client under Section 420 (cheating) of the IPC and he was falsely implicated in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- In process of overturning 'illegal decisions' of AAP Govt: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung
- Huawei smartphones to come pre-loaded with Truecaller
- Cricket in USA, 1st T20I: West Indies eye comeback after demolition in Tests; MS Dhoni & Co seek revenge
- Ex-Haryana speaker SS Kadian jailed for 7 years in graft case
- RBI Governor Raghuram Rajan welcomes appointment of Urjit Patel as his successor