Jaitley CDR case: Offence of forgery made out, say police
New Delhi: The Delhi Police on Friday told a court here that offences of forgery may be made out against the four arrested accused, including its constable Arvind Dabas, in the Arun Jaitley phone tapping case.
During the arguments on Dabas` bail plea in an in-camera hearing, the Special Cell of Delhi Police told the court that offences under Sections 464 (making a false document), 468 (forgery for the purpose of cheating) and 471 (using as genuine a forged document) of the IPC may be made out against the arrested accused in the case.
A lawyer associated with the case said the police opposed the bail plea arguing that offences of forgery under the IPC are non-bailable and Dabas should not be granted the relief.
The police also said the chain of offence is "complete" which shows criminality on the part of the accused persons and their investigation in the case is going on.
Advocate Naushad Ahmad Khan, who appeared for Dabas, told the court that there was no direct evidence against his client and he should be enlarged on bail.
After hearing the arguments from both the sides, Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Amit Bansal reserved his order on the bail plea for March 11.
The court had yesterday also asked media persons to vacate the courtroom saying contents of the FIR would be cited during the hearing on the bail plea and the court had earlier directed that its details should not be revealed.
Dabas` counsel had told the court that there was no direct evidence to book his client under Section 420 (cheating) of the IPC and he was falsely implicated in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing