Jaitley files nomination papers for Rajya Sabha
Gandhinagar: Leader of Opposition in Rajya
Sabha, Arun Jaitley, who is seeking a third term to the Upper
House, on Monday filed his nomination papers from Gujarat along
with two other candidates of the BJP.
Jaitley filed his nomination along with former MLA
Mansukh Mandaviya and party functionary Shankar Vegad for the
March 30 biennial elections.
"I thank the people of Gujarat, Narendra Modi (Chief
Minister) and state BJP president RC Faldu for giving me the
opportunity to raise the voice of the state in Rajya Sabha by
nominating me along with two senior party members," Jaitley
told reporters after filing his nomination papers.
40-year-old Mandaviya is former BJP legislator from
Palitana Assembly constituency and is presently the
chairperson of Gujarat Agro-Industries Corporation. He is also
the member of the state BJP executive committee and in-charge
of party`s Rajkot district unit. He comes from powerful Leuva
Patel community of the state.
Vegad is the vice president of the Surendranagar district
BJP unit and belongs to Koli community. He has also been the
member of Surendranagar Municipal Corporation for 20 years and
has served as the vice president of the same for five years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- Divyansh Kakrora's death: Probe nails Ryan International School for glaring lapses; father alleges child was sodomised before murder
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step