‘Jaitley must answer who implicated AB in Bofors’
New Delhi: Former Samajwadi Party leader Amar Singh has said BJP leader Arun Jaitley should answer who implicated actor Amitabh Bachchan in Bofors scam.
"Jaitley and Bhure Lal were part of the investigation team. Jaitley should answer who implicated Bachchan in the case," he told a TV channel.
Jaitley, who was the Additional Solicitor General during the V P Singh government`s rule, declined to comment on Singh`s claim.
"Jaitley needs to clear his name and if needed he should file a defamation case against the Swedish police chief," Singh said adding "V P Singh`s agenda was Bofors".
The former Swedish police chief Sten Lindstrom had claimed in a media interview last week that some Indian investigators had linked Bachchan to the Bofors case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'