‘Jaitley must answer who implicated AB in Bofors’
New Delhi: Former Samajwadi Party leader Amar Singh has said BJP leader Arun Jaitley should answer who implicated actor Amitabh Bachchan in Bofors scam.
"Jaitley and Bhure Lal were part of the investigation team. Jaitley should answer who implicated Bachchan in the case," he told a TV channel.
Jaitley, who was the Additional Solicitor General during the V P Singh government`s rule, declined to comment on Singh`s claim.
"Jaitley needs to clear his name and if needed he should file a defamation case against the Swedish police chief," Singh said adding "V P Singh`s agenda was Bofors".
The former Swedish police chief Sten Lindstrom had claimed in a media interview last week that some Indian investigators had linked Bachchan to the Bofors case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days