‘Jaitley must answer who implicated AB in Bofors’
New Delhi: Former Samajwadi Party leader Amar Singh has said BJP leader Arun Jaitley should answer who implicated actor Amitabh Bachchan in Bofors scam.
"Jaitley and Bhure Lal were part of the investigation team. Jaitley should answer who implicated Bachchan in the case," he told a TV channel.
Jaitley, who was the Additional Solicitor General during the V P Singh government`s rule, declined to comment on Singh`s claim.
"Jaitley needs to clear his name and if needed he should file a defamation case against the Swedish police chief," Singh said adding "V P Singh`s agenda was Bofors".
The former Swedish police chief Sten Lindstrom had claimed in a media interview last week that some Indian investigators had linked Bachchan to the Bofors case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon