Jaitley rubbishes AAP lawmaker`s allegation
New Delhi: Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Arun Jaitley Monday rubbished claims by an AAP lawmaker that the BJP was trying to buy him off and topple the AAP government.
In a tweet, the leader of opposition in the Rajya Sabha said: "Rubbish claims by AAP. AAP`s alternative politics includes a fundamental right to falsehood and lies."
Madan Lal, Aam Aadmi Party MLA from Kasturba Nagar, alleged that he had been approached by BJP leaders, including BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, in an attempt to buy him off for Rs.20 crore.
Lal, addressing a press conference, said that Dec 7 he received a call from an "unknown number" and the person on the other end said he would make him talk to a "big person" and mentioned Arun Jaitley`s name.
"I told him to shut up and put down the phone," said Lal.
However, Lal said he has no proof to back his allegations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town