Jaitley`s CDR case: Police say `higher level of conspiracy`
New Delhi: The Delhi Police probing the alleged attempt to retrieve call detail records of BJP leader Arun Jaitley on Monday told a court here there was a "higher level of conspiracy" and it may involve the country`s security.
The police also said it is looking into why the accused arrested in the case were drawing the call details of various political leaders.
"The investigation so far has revealed a higher level of conspiracy. It may involve security of India," it told Metropolitan Magistrate Aparna Swamy who extended by two days the police remand of constable Arvind Dabas arrested over the attempt to get the call details of Leader of the Opposition in the Rajya Sabha.
"The e-mail IDs etc used by the accused are official nic domains...It may involve security of India," the police said.
It also said the other accused involved in the matter are yet to be arrested and a detailed interrogation is required in the matter.
"The entire conspiracy has to be unearthed. We have to find out what was the motive behind the actions of the accused.
"We need to find out why were they drawing Call Detail Records of various political leaders and how far the accused persons are connected," the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown