Jaitley`s CDR case: Police say `higher level of conspiracy`
New Delhi: The Delhi Police probing the alleged attempt to retrieve call detail records of BJP leader Arun Jaitley on Monday told a court here there was a "higher level of conspiracy" and it may involve the country`s security.
The police also said it is looking into why the accused arrested in the case were drawing the call details of various political leaders.
"The investigation so far has revealed a higher level of conspiracy. It may involve security of India," it told Metropolitan Magistrate Aparna Swamy who extended by two days the police remand of constable Arvind Dabas arrested over the attempt to get the call details of Leader of the Opposition in the Rajya Sabha.
"The e-mail IDs etc used by the accused are official nic domains...It may involve security of India," the police said.
It also said the other accused involved in the matter are yet to be arrested and a detailed interrogation is required in the matter.
"The entire conspiracy has to be unearthed. We have to find out what was the motive behind the actions of the accused.
"We need to find out why were they drawing Call Detail Records of various political leaders and how far the accused persons are connected," the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB