Jama Masjid firing: Police detains nearly 30 for questioning
New Delhi: Around 30 people were today
picked up by police for questioning in connection with the
firing at Jama Masjid here in which two foreigners were
A senior police official said they have rounded up 25-30
people who have criminal records and were questioning them to
get some leads into the firing incident, apparently intended
to cause terror ahead of the Commonwealth Games.
Police is also talking to Bobby Sharma, whose car went up
in flames at the spot two hours after the incident. A "poorly
circuited and crudely assembled" device exploded which
resulted in the car catching fire, the official said.
The fire in car was reported nearly two hours after two
unidentified motorcycle-borne attackers shot and injured the
Taiwanese nationals outside the Jama Masjid here.
Delhi Police appeared to be ruling out the role of any
organised terror group but intelligence experts said it could
be a handiwork of outlawed Indian Mujahideen, which was behind
a series of blasts in several cities, including Delhi and
Investigators suspect that disgruntled youths or a gang
of local criminals could be behind the incidents.
The motive appears to be to scare people ahead of the
Commonwealth Games, they said, adding the attacks do not show
signs of involvement of terrorist outfits like Indian
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' cast Kangana, Madhavan
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- LIVE SCORE: 1st Test, Day 2 - England vs New Zealand
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday