Jammu: Omar calls on President
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah Wednesday called on President Pranab Mukherjee at Raj Bhawan here and discussed the state`s political and development affairs with him.
Omar briefed Mukherjee about the new initiatives taken by the coalition government in the state to bring transparency and strengthen the institution, an official spokesman said after the meeting.
The chief minister also apprised the President about the steps taken by the government to empower people and involve them in policy formation and implementation of development projects.
Omar gave details of the endeavours of his government for establishing effective and powerful Panchayat Raj System in the state. He also apprised him of the measures underway to strengthen and empower panchayats and make it delivering.
The chief minister told the President about the enactment and implementation of historic public service guarantee act to time-bound the delivery of various public services in the state making government officials legally responsible for delivery of these services within the prescribed time frame fixed for these services.
He informed the President about the constitution of State Information Commission and reconstitution of Accountability Commission.
Omar highlighted the measures put in place by his government for equitable and inclusive development and the welfare of weaker sections of the society including SCs, STs, Gujjars and Bakerwals, Pahari-speaking people and other backward classes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- 'Russia killed 28,000 militants in Syria, third of all IS forces'
- Thousands of migrants saved in 23 rescue operations off Libya
- Lashkar-e-Toiba carried out deadly 2007 Samjhauta Express blasts: NIA to submit this US intel report in court
- JeM planning Pathankot-II with support from Pakistan's ISI, IM, conducting recce of Indian cities: Military intel
- Arijit Singh writes open letter to Salman Khan apologising and requesting him to retain ‘Sultan’ song – Here’s why