Jammu: Omar calls on President
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah Wednesday called on President Pranab Mukherjee at Raj Bhawan here and discussed the state`s political and development affairs with him.
Omar briefed Mukherjee about the new initiatives taken by the coalition government in the state to bring transparency and strengthen the institution, an official spokesman said after the meeting.
The chief minister also apprised the President about the steps taken by the government to empower people and involve them in policy formation and implementation of development projects.
Omar gave details of the endeavours of his government for establishing effective and powerful Panchayat Raj System in the state. He also apprised him of the measures underway to strengthen and empower panchayats and make it delivering.
The chief minister told the President about the enactment and implementation of historic public service guarantee act to time-bound the delivery of various public services in the state making government officials legally responsible for delivery of these services within the prescribed time frame fixed for these services.
He informed the President about the constitution of State Information Commission and reconstitution of Accountability Commission.
Omar highlighted the measures put in place by his government for equitable and inclusive development and the welfare of weaker sections of the society including SCs, STs, Gujjars and Bakerwals, Pahari-speaking people and other backward classes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- With Facebook's new Slideshow feature, convert your photos into mini-movies!- Watch
- Ringing Bells starts delivery of Freedom 251 smartphone from today
- Tiger Shroff and Disha Patani's latest video is CUTE! Watch here
- Lenovo K4 Note gets a price cut; available at Rs 10,999
- RSS trying to ''appease'' Muslims: Shiv Sena