Jammu: Omar calls on President
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah Wednesday called on President Pranab Mukherjee at Raj Bhawan here and discussed the state`s political and development affairs with him.
Omar briefed Mukherjee about the new initiatives taken by the coalition government in the state to bring transparency and strengthen the institution, an official spokesman said after the meeting.
The chief minister also apprised the President about the steps taken by the government to empower people and involve them in policy formation and implementation of development projects.
Omar gave details of the endeavours of his government for establishing effective and powerful Panchayat Raj System in the state. He also apprised him of the measures underway to strengthen and empower panchayats and make it delivering.
The chief minister told the President about the enactment and implementation of historic public service guarantee act to time-bound the delivery of various public services in the state making government officials legally responsible for delivery of these services within the prescribed time frame fixed for these services.
He informed the President about the constitution of State Information Commission and reconstitution of Accountability Commission.
Omar highlighted the measures put in place by his government for equitable and inclusive development and the welfare of weaker sections of the society including SCs, STs, Gujjars and Bakerwals, Pahari-speaking people and other backward classes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad