Jan Lokpal Bill is anti-constitution: Activists
Mumbai: A local organisation on Thursday took out
a morcha against the proposed Jan Lokpal Bill, arguing that
the very concept was against the Constitution.
"The Bill is against the Constitution. One person like
Anna Hazare or few NGOs cannot run the country. It is
misleading the people over corruption and we must protest it,"
said activist Arvind Vaidya, while addressing the protesters.
The protest-march, organised by `Sanvidhan Bachao
Samitee`, started from August Kranti Maidan and ended at
Chaitya Bhumi at Dadar.
"The Lokpal (as per Jan Lokpal Bill) would be the
ultimate authority to investigate, prosecute and punish a
corrupt person. It challenges the basic idea of democracy and
it has to be opposed," said Raju Kuthavad, a member of the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- British PM Theresa May heads to N. Ireland for Brexit talks
- Rio Olympics: WADA 'disappointed' as IOC fails to ban Russia for mega event
- Al Qaeda chief urges kidnappings of Westerners for prisoner swaps - SITE
- Japan logs first half-year trade surplus since Fukushima
- Attacks on France, Germany their own fault: Donald Trump