Jan Lokpal: Team Anna to undertake survey in UP
Lucknow: Indian Against Corruption led by
Team Anna member Arvind Kejriwal will undertake a survey on
Jan Lokpal Bill in UP`s seven districts, including Rae Bareli
represented by Sonia Gandhi, and constituencies of MPs who are
on the standing committee scrutinising the measure.
"Indian Against Corruption activists will collect public
opinion from the constituencies of MPs who are members of the
standing committee on the Jan Lokpal Bill," IAC national
coordination committee member Sanjay Singh told reporters here
The "referendum will also be carried out in Amethi, Rae
Bareli, Varanasi, Ghaziabad, Lucknow, Ambedkar Nagar and
Mainpuri represented by influential MPs," he said, adding that
the standing committee will be apprised of its findings.
In case the result goes in favour of the Jan Lokpal bill
and the MP concerned does not support the bill in the standing
committee, people will asked to vote against the person in the
elections, he said.
A similar survey was carried out by Team Anna in July in
HRD Minister Kapil Sibal`s constituency of Chandi Chowk where
it was claimed that an overwhelming 85 per cent of
people had favoured the Jan Lokpal Bill. In Rahul Gandhi`s
constituency Amethi, the survey claimed 90 per cent support.
Favouring a national referendum on the issue, Anna Hazare
had said said the government will have to listen to the voices
Sibal, who was locked in a war of words with Team Anna,
had ridiculed the survey, saying he was surprised why the
support was not 100 per cent.
Singh said team Anna members, including Kejriwal, Manish
Sisodia and Kumar Vishwas will interact with university
students in Lucknow, Varanasi, Gorakhpur, Allahabad and
Aligarh in the first week of the next month on the issue.
- Will Sonia Gandhi answer RSS's claim of igniting riots in the country?
- DNA: Only 4% of Indian polpulation pays income tax
- Police arrest person accused of abducting woman in Bengaluru
- Scientists find three Earth-sized planets orbiting dwarf star
- Kerala: Dalit law student brutally raped, murdered in Ernakulam
- RSS is against westernization, not modernization: Nitin Gadkari
- AAP govt, MCDs have responsibility to pay salaries: HC
- Bengaluru tops online learning in India: Coursera
- 50% Indian corporates open to working with start-ups
- SC notice to Centre, state governments on PIL for uploading FIR within 24 hours