Jan Lokpal: Team Anna to undertake survey in UP
Lucknow: Indian Against Corruption led by
Team Anna member Arvind Kejriwal will undertake a survey on
Jan Lokpal Bill in UP`s seven districts, including Rae Bareli
represented by Sonia Gandhi, and constituencies of MPs who are
on the standing committee scrutinising the measure.
"Indian Against Corruption activists will collect public
opinion from the constituencies of MPs who are members of the
standing committee on the Jan Lokpal Bill," IAC national
coordination committee member Sanjay Singh told reporters here
The "referendum will also be carried out in Amethi, Rae
Bareli, Varanasi, Ghaziabad, Lucknow, Ambedkar Nagar and
Mainpuri represented by influential MPs," he said, adding that
the standing committee will be apprised of its findings.
In case the result goes in favour of the Jan Lokpal bill
and the MP concerned does not support the bill in the standing
committee, people will asked to vote against the person in the
elections, he said.
A similar survey was carried out by Team Anna in July in
HRD Minister Kapil Sibal`s constituency of Chandi Chowk where
it was claimed that an overwhelming 85 per cent of
people had favoured the Jan Lokpal Bill. In Rahul Gandhi`s
constituency Amethi, the survey claimed 90 per cent support.
Favouring a national referendum on the issue, Anna Hazare
had said said the government will have to listen to the voices
Sibal, who was locked in a war of words with Team Anna,
had ridiculed the survey, saying he was surprised why the
support was not 100 per cent.
Singh said team Anna members, including Kejriwal, Manish
Sisodia and Kumar Vishwas will interact with university
students in Lucknow, Varanasi, Gorakhpur, Allahabad and
Aligarh in the first week of the next month on the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey