Janardhan Reddy`s bail plea rejected
Hyderabad: A special CBI court here, Tuesday, rejected the bail petitions of former Karnataka minister and mining baron Janardhan Reddy and
his brother-in-law B V Srinivas Reddy arrested on charges of
Janardhan Reddy and Srinivasa Reddy, MD of Oblapuram
Mining Corporation (OMC), were arrested by CBI on September 5
at Bellery in Karnataka in an alleged illegal mining
scam and remanded in judicial custody till September 19.
However, the court today remanded them to CBI custody till September 19.
They are currently lodged at the Chanchalguda central
Appearing on behalf of CBI Additional Solicitor General,
Vivek Tanaka opposed the bail pleas of the accused and urged
the court to grant CBI their custody to get information about
illegal mining activities.
He argued that custodial interrogation of both accused
was necessary and crucial to get information about the illegal
mining activities as both had personal knowledge about them.
Earlier, defence counsel C V Nagesh, a Karnataka High
Court lawyer, and Raghavachari contended in the court that
their clients have a good reputation in society and there was
hidden agenda to go against them.
Appealing to the court to grant bail to the duo, they
said their clients would cooperate with the investigating
agency in its probe.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'