J&K: 18 serving life term for terror activities
Jammu: As many as 18 convicts, including one Pakistani national, are serving life imprisonment for their involvement in terror activities in Jammu and Kashmir, the State Home Ministry figures revealed.
Out of 28 convicted for involvement in various terrorism activities in the state, 18 militants are serving life term in Kotbalwal, Jammu and Srinagar jails.
Pakistani militant Sonaullah of Hizbul Mujahideen is serving life term in Kotbalwal high security jail located in the outskirts of Jammu.
Of the 28 convicts, some have been convicted in cases of Terrorist and Disruption Act (TADA) and Prevention of Terrorist Act (POTA), besides murder.
According to the data, there are 369 prisoners undergoing imprisonment in 13 jails in Jammu and Kashmir. The highest number of prisoners are lodged in Kotbalwal prison (107), followed by Central Jail Srinagar (73), Udhampur jail (38) and Jammu jail (34).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report