J&K: 18 serving life term for terror activities
Jammu: As many as 18 convicts, including one Pakistani national, are serving life imprisonment for their involvement in terror activities in Jammu and Kashmir, the State Home Ministry figures revealed.
Out of 28 convicted for involvement in various terrorism activities in the state, 18 militants are serving life term in Kotbalwal, Jammu and Srinagar jails.
Pakistani militant Sonaullah of Hizbul Mujahideen is serving life term in Kotbalwal high security jail located in the outskirts of Jammu.
Of the 28 convicts, some have been convicted in cases of Terrorist and Disruption Act (TADA) and Prevention of Terrorist Act (POTA), besides murder.
According to the data, there are 369 prisoners undergoing imprisonment in 13 jails in Jammu and Kashmir. The highest number of prisoners are lodged in Kotbalwal prison (107), followed by Central Jail Srinagar (73), Udhampur jail (38) and Jammu jail (34).
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed