J&K: 18 serving life term for terror activities
Jammu: As many as 18 convicts, including one Pakistani national, are serving life imprisonment for their involvement in terror activities in Jammu and Kashmir, the State Home Ministry figures revealed.
Out of 28 convicted for involvement in various terrorism activities in the state, 18 militants are serving life term in Kotbalwal, Jammu and Srinagar jails.
Pakistani militant Sonaullah of Hizbul Mujahideen is serving life term in Kotbalwal high security jail located in the outskirts of Jammu.
Of the 28 convicts, some have been convicted in cases of Terrorist and Disruption Act (TADA) and Prevention of Terrorist Act (POTA), besides murder.
According to the data, there are 369 prisoners undergoing imprisonment in 13 jails in Jammu and Kashmir. The highest number of prisoners are lodged in Kotbalwal prison (107), followed by Central Jail Srinagar (73), Udhampur jail (38) and Jammu jail (34).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert