J&K: 18 serving life term for terror activities
Jammu: As many as 18 convicts, including one Pakistani national, are serving life imprisonment for their involvement in terror activities in Jammu and Kashmir, the State Home Ministry figures revealed.
Out of 28 convicted for involvement in various terrorism activities in the state, 18 militants are serving life term in Kotbalwal, Jammu and Srinagar jails.
Pakistani militant Sonaullah of Hizbul Mujahideen is serving life term in Kotbalwal high security jail located in the outskirts of Jammu.
Of the 28 convicts, some have been convicted in cases of Terrorist and Disruption Act (TADA) and Prevention of Terrorist Act (POTA), besides murder.
According to the data, there are 369 prisoners undergoing imprisonment in 13 jails in Jammu and Kashmir. The highest number of prisoners are lodged in Kotbalwal prison (107), followed by Central Jail Srinagar (73), Udhampur jail (38) and Jammu jail (34).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday