J&K: BSF jawan killed in cross-border firing
Jammu: In yet another violation of ceasefire, the Pakistani security forces fired at a forward Indian border outpost along the border in Jammu Tuesday morning, killing a BSF jawan.
As per reports, Pakistani Rangers fired at the Chak Sagwari border outpost in Paragwal sector, 20 kms from here, around 6:15 am, BSF officials said.
BSF jawan Sultan Ali was killed in the firing.
Indian troops guarding the border retaliated and the firing ended at around 6:30 am.
There have been many ceasefire violations by Pakistani troops this year.
Pakistani troops had last violated the ceasefire on June 21 when they fired at a forward outpost along the International Border (IB) in Jammu where the BSF foiled an
infiltration bid by militants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'