J&K cops in Ambala to probe haul of explosives
Jammu: The J&K police today rushed a team to
Ambala to coordinate with its Haryana counterpart in the probe
into recovery of 5 kg explosives meant for a terror strike,
plotted by LeT and Babbar Khalsa, possibly in Delhi ahead of
"We have sent a police team to Ambala to assist and
coordinate with Haryana Police after DGP Haryana Rajiv Dalal
sought assistance in coordination into investigation of the
recovery of explosives," JK DGP Kuldeep Khoda said here.
A terror strike, plotted by Let and Babbar Khalsa,
possibly in Delhi ahead of Diwali was foiled on Wednesday with
police seizing over 5 kg explosives from a car outside Ambala
Cant Railway station.
A joint team of Delhi and Haryana police found the
explosives in a blue Indica car parked outside the railway
station on an intelligence tip-off 10 days ago that a
consignment carrying the substance was headed to a north
Regarding reports about the nexus between LeT, Babbar
Khalasa International and Khalistan Zindabad Force, Khoda
said, "We are exploring all leads in the probe."
He said that BKI was not active in Jammu and Kashmir and
KZF head Ranjeet Singh alias Neeta of Simbal camp (Jammu) was
operating in Lahore (Pakistan).
Directions have been given to police about the car, from
which some newspapers of Jammu and Kashmir were recovered, he
Police has been verifying whether any of the check points
including lower Munda (near Jawahar tunnel in Kashmir) have
any details of the car and what route it might have taken, he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore