‘J&K interlocutors to get Rs 1.5 lakh a month’
New Delhi: Each one of the three-member
team of interlocutors for Jammu and Kashmir will get Rs 1.5
lakh as monthly remuneration and enjoy the status of a state
guest when visiting the state.
The three interlocutors, journalist Dileep Padgaonkar,
academician Radha Kumar and economist MM Ansari, appointed on
October 13, 2010 would also be provided three rooms at Vigyan
Bhavan for their common office, conference and staff
respectively, the Home Ministry has said in an RTI reply.
"In case of MM Ansari, (former) Information
Commissioner, the remuneration would be minus existing lump
sum pay/pension (after retirement)," the reply to SC Agrawal
"Until the office accommodation is provided, they can
meet at India International Centre. The charges will be
reimbursed by the MHA. They will be provided secretarial
assistance of one or two persons as per need from the
ministry," it said while replying to the question of pay and
perks given to the group.
Each of the interlocutors will also be allowed to have
an executive assistant who will be appointed by them with an
overall remuneration not exceeding Rs 40,000 per month.
"Necessary office equipment and computers including
furniture shall be lent by MHA," the ministry said.
The ministry will reimburse the cost of travel outside
Delhi in "Executive Class". Travel expenses incurred within
the national capital, for official purpose, will also be
The expenses on meetings in Delhi and Jammu and
Kashmir would be reimbursed as per actual subject to a ceiling
of Rs 200 per head, it said.
However, in case of interlocutor for Nagaland, Home
Ministry has given the status of Cabinet Secretary to K
Padmanabhaiah and gave him all the perks accordingly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam