J&K: JCO killed in anti-terrorist operation
Jodhpur (Rajasthan): A Rashtriya Rifles jawan was
on Wednesday killed in an anti-terrorist operation at Kupwara in
Jammu and Kashmir, officials said here.
JCO Lal Singh Khithi of 57 Rashtriya Rifles was wounded
in a fierce gun fight with terrorists in Kupwara. He was
rushed to a military hospital where he succumbed to his
injuries, they said, adding that he was a resident of Karwad
village near Jodhpur.
The jawan`s parent unit was 19 Rajputana Rifles but he
was serving in 57 RR since December 2009.
His mortal remains will reach Jodhpur on July 29 for the
last rites, the officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets