J&K: JCO killed in anti-terrorist operation
Jodhpur (Rajasthan): A Rashtriya Rifles jawan was
on Wednesday killed in an anti-terrorist operation at Kupwara in
Jammu and Kashmir, officials said here.
JCO Lal Singh Khithi of 57 Rashtriya Rifles was wounded
in a fierce gun fight with terrorists in Kupwara. He was
rushed to a military hospital where he succumbed to his
injuries, they said, adding that he was a resident of Karwad
village near Jodhpur.
The jawan`s parent unit was 19 Rajputana Rifles but he
was serving in 57 RR since December 2009.
His mortal remains will reach Jodhpur on July 29 for the
last rites, the officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation