J&K police takes into custody Hizb militant and accomplice
Dehra Dun: A Jammu and Kashmir police team
on Wednesday took into custody a Hizbul Mujahideen terrorist and his
accomplice, who were arrested here ahead of the passing out
parade of the Indian Military Academy, police said.
Ghulam Nabi and his accomplice Tanvir Ahmed, were
produced before the court of Additional Chief Judicial
Magistrate of Dehra Dun, which handed them over to Doda police
following which the police team left for Jammu and Kashmir
alongwith the militants, Dehra Dun SSP G S Martolia said.
Nabi and Ahmed were arrested from Azadpur area when the
police was checking vehicles following a central intelligence
input that some terrorists are in the capital city.
Nearly 14 cases of murder and loot are registered
against Nabi in Doda district of Jammu and Kashmir. Nabi is a
self-styled divisional commander of HM operating under the
code name of Javed Qureshi.
Interrogations have so far revealed that though Ahmed has
not been directly involved in terrorist activities but he used
to give shelter to militants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Do condom ads encourage rape?
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda