J&K police takes into custody Hizb militant and accomplice
Dehra Dun: A Jammu and Kashmir police team
on Wednesday took into custody a Hizbul Mujahideen terrorist and his
accomplice, who were arrested here ahead of the passing out
parade of the Indian Military Academy, police said.
Ghulam Nabi and his accomplice Tanvir Ahmed, were
produced before the court of Additional Chief Judicial
Magistrate of Dehra Dun, which handed them over to Doda police
following which the police team left for Jammu and Kashmir
alongwith the militants, Dehra Dun SSP G S Martolia said.
Nabi and Ahmed were arrested from Azadpur area when the
police was checking vehicles following a central intelligence
input that some terrorists are in the capital city.
Nearly 14 cases of murder and loot are registered
against Nabi in Doda district of Jammu and Kashmir. Nabi is a
self-styled divisional commander of HM operating under the
code name of Javed Qureshi.
Interrogations have so far revealed that though Ahmed has
not been directly involved in terrorist activities but he used
to give shelter to militants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof