J&K police takes into custody Hizb militant and accomplice
Dehra Dun: A Jammu and Kashmir police team
on Wednesday took into custody a Hizbul Mujahideen terrorist and his
accomplice, who were arrested here ahead of the passing out
parade of the Indian Military Academy, police said.
Ghulam Nabi and his accomplice Tanvir Ahmed, were
produced before the court of Additional Chief Judicial
Magistrate of Dehra Dun, which handed them over to Doda police
following which the police team left for Jammu and Kashmir
alongwith the militants, Dehra Dun SSP G S Martolia said.
Nabi and Ahmed were arrested from Azadpur area when the
police was checking vehicles following a central intelligence
input that some terrorists are in the capital city.
Nearly 14 cases of murder and loot are registered
against Nabi in Doda district of Jammu and Kashmir. Nabi is a
self-styled divisional commander of HM operating under the
code name of Javed Qureshi.
Interrogations have so far revealed that though Ahmed has
not been directly involved in terrorist activities but he used
to give shelter to militants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Google rolls out Android Nougat, Nexus phones to get it first
- Watch: Sonakshi Sinha, Remo D'souza's 'Beat Pe Booty' will make you want to hit dance floor too
- Watch: ISIS-style kidnapping of BJP leader's son by ULFA militants in Assam
- Apple boosts health while Microsoft revs machine smarts
- Pfizer boosts cancer drug roster with $14 billion Medivation deal