J&K police takes into custody Hizb militant and accomplice
Dehra Dun: A Jammu and Kashmir police team
on Wednesday took into custody a Hizbul Mujahideen terrorist and his
accomplice, who were arrested here ahead of the passing out
parade of the Indian Military Academy, police said.
Ghulam Nabi and his accomplice Tanvir Ahmed, were
produced before the court of Additional Chief Judicial
Magistrate of Dehra Dun, which handed them over to Doda police
following which the police team left for Jammu and Kashmir
alongwith the militants, Dehra Dun SSP G S Martolia said.
Nabi and Ahmed were arrested from Azadpur area when the
police was checking vehicles following a central intelligence
input that some terrorists are in the capital city.
Nearly 14 cases of murder and loot are registered
against Nabi in Doda district of Jammu and Kashmir. Nabi is a
self-styled divisional commander of HM operating under the
code name of Javed Qureshi.
Interrogations have so far revealed that though Ahmed has
not been directly involved in terrorist activities but he used
to give shelter to militants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued