J&K police takes into custody Hizb militant and accomplice
Dehra Dun: A Jammu and Kashmir police team
on Wednesday took into custody a Hizbul Mujahideen terrorist and his
accomplice, who were arrested here ahead of the passing out
parade of the Indian Military Academy, police said.
Ghulam Nabi and his accomplice Tanvir Ahmed, were
produced before the court of Additional Chief Judicial
Magistrate of Dehra Dun, which handed them over to Doda police
following which the police team left for Jammu and Kashmir
alongwith the militants, Dehra Dun SSP G S Martolia said.
Nabi and Ahmed were arrested from Azadpur area when the
police was checking vehicles following a central intelligence
input that some terrorists are in the capital city.
Nearly 14 cases of murder and loot are registered
against Nabi in Doda district of Jammu and Kashmir. Nabi is a
self-styled divisional commander of HM operating under the
code name of Javed Qureshi.
Interrogations have so far revealed that though Ahmed has
not been directly involved in terrorist activities but he used
to give shelter to militants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- WATCH: How Sri Lanka's mystery spinner Lakshan Sandakan left Australia spellbound
- Antibodies that protect against Zika virus in mice identified, claim scientists
- Rio Olympics 2016: India to start with a bang
- Congress puts gag order on partymen, asks them not to make comments inconsistent with party stand
- Donald Trump has no clue about middle class, says Joe Biden