J&K remarks: Sena for public apology from Bhushan
Jammu: Demanding public apology from
lawyer-activist Prashant Bhushan over his plebiscite remark on
Kashmir, the J&K unit of Shiv Sena on Saturday said Anna Hazare
must disown him.
"The only alternative left with Bhushan is to tender
public apology over the statement made by him on Kashmir
issue. Hazare must oust him from his team," President of Shiv
Sena Ashok Gupta told reporters during a protest rally.
"Demands of plebiscite, withdrawal of armed forces and
abrogation of Armed Forces Special Powers Act (AFSPA) are not
justified," he said.
Party activists took out a rally from the Science College
to the Press Club and burnt an effigy of Bhushan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- PM Modi condoles APJ Abdul Kalam's death
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea